Bachelor of Technology
Bureau of Labor statistics show that, on average, individuals with a bachelor’s degree earn significantly more than those with associate degrees. And, bachelor degrees are a prerequisite for promotion in many jobs. Use your associate degree to step up to the next level. Upgrade it online in the Bachelor of Technology program!
What is a Bachelor of Technology? The BT is a full four-year degree combining a liberal arts education with a cognate of mostly junior/senior professional courses that prepare the individual to enter the job market at the bachelor degree level. It is designed for persons holding an associate degree in an approved technical field. Because courses transferred in from the associate degree are diverse, each individual’s degree is custom built considering the courses transferred in and the individual’s goals.
What are the advantages of the BT degree? The typical BT student starts with up to 89 hours from the associate degree, so he/she is able to complete the bachelor’s degree in two years. In contrast, a student with an associate degree doing a standard transfer typically starts with significantly fewer hours, so it takes longer to graduate. Also, the flexibility of the BT degree allows for customizing for each student’s goals. The degree is readily accepted by most employers.
Who is eligible for the BT online program? Successful applicants must have an accredited associate degree in approved areas, for example, Computer Technology, Telecommunications Management or Engineering Technology. Applicants must also have completed at least one face-to-face programming course (Visual Basic or C++ preferred), and at least a college level course in Intermediate Algebra or have placed into the CSU Math 111 College Algebra course.
What are the requirements for the online BT degree? Each BT student must take the Charleston Southern liberal arts core and at least 18 hours in the cognate (15 hours of which must be at the 300 level or above). The student must attain at least 125 hours to graduate.
How do I apply?
(1) Establish an account and complete the online application, indicating BT on the application
(2) Fill out the Federal Application for Financial Student Aid (FAFSA). Use the 2013/2014 FAFSA if attending fall 2013 or later. Enter CSU’s school code: 003419. If you need help, contact CSU Undergraduate Admissions at 843-863-7050 or 800-947-7474, or speak to an enrollment counselor.
(3) Have your official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions, PO Box 118087, Charleston, SC 29423-8087
What Happens After I Apply?
- Once accepted, your transcripts are evaluated for the BT program.
- When approved, you are assigned an advisor.
- Contact the advisor to build your BT plan.
- CSU will send information on how to get your Student ID Number and PIN foryour MyCSU account and how to set up your CSU email account.
- Financial Aid Online is found in your MyCSU account. For questions about financial aid, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-863-7050 or 800-947-7474.
- For military and VA questions, email email@example.com or call 843-863-7050 or 800-947-7474.
Who do I contact for more information?
Jim Roberts, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also see Admissions Transfer Information