Charleston, South Carolina
There is no place like Charleston, South Carolina. It's been called America's most perfectly preserved architectural and historic treasure. That's not hyperbole. That's fact.
Charleston Southern's beautiful home city is truly a feast for all your senses. There are miles of white sandy beaches. Shops, restaurants, galleries and historic neighborhoods abound. Major arts events and outdoor festivals happen throughout the year. Summers are long, and winters are mild.
One more thing: CSU is at the geographic center of the Charleston metropolitan area.
Here's a short list of annual events and local sites to visit and play:
- Charleston Farmers Market
- South Carolina Aquarium
- Magnolia Plantation
- Patriots Point
- Flowertown Festival
- Classic Carriage Tours
- Folly Beach Pier
- Charleston County Parks and Recreation
- Cooper River Bridge Run
- Spoleto Festival
- Whirlin' Waters Adventure Park
- Southeastern Wildlife Expo
- South Carolina Stingrays hockey (minor league affiliate of the Boston Bruins)
- Charleston Riverdogs baseball (Class A affiliate of the New York Yankees)