The Career Center offers internship opportunities through the Applied Learning Experience Program (APPLE). APPLE is a structured educational program that integrates academic studies with learning through hands-on work experience. The internship may be full or part-time and may be paid or unpaid. This program is supervised by the Assistant Dean through the Career Center. Three general elective academic credits are granted to each student successfully completing an approved experience.
This academic course is offered to undergraduate juniors and seniors in good standing during Fall, Spring, and Summer II semesters. The internship experience requires a minimum of 120 hours of supervised work in an approved business or professional work setting. The course is designed to allow the student to focus on important career topics such as organization, culture, decision-making, leadership, values and ethics in the workplace.
- Post your position in detail on the BucCareer Network
- After your posting is reviewed, you will be contacted to schedule a site visit with the course director for subsequent site approval and student placement
Job Posting Instructions:
Post job positions on BucCareer Network for internships, part-time jobs, full-time jobs and volunteer opportunities.
- First-time users, create an account for employers on the BucCareer Network
- Select either Register and Post a Job At Charleston Southern University or Register
and Post A Multi-School Job
- Post your position under the Job and Internship Positions tab
- Your posting will be processed within 2 business days
Career Expos and Education Fairs:
"Preparing the Future Workforce"
Thursday, October 23, 2014 - 1 to 3 p.m.
Whitfield Center for Christian Leadership
Our Career Expos and Education Fairs are designed to connect you with Charleston Southern
University current students and alumni to discuss employment and graduate studies.
We invite you to register to reserve a table for our upcoming events. Registration
is open to businesses, nonprofits, churches, school districts and graduate schools.
Registration for Career Expos:
Option 1: BucCareer Network
- First-time users, Create an Account for Employers.
- Click On-Campus Recruiting Opportunities.
- Select the desired tab and complete the registration form.
- Your registration will be processed within 2 business days.
Option 2: Short registration form
- Print, or complete and print the form by selecting the form link above .
- Fax the completed form to 843-863-8066, or scan and e-mail to email@example.com.
On-Campus Recruiting Guidelines:
We are pleased to assist recruiters by providing our on-campus recruiting service. Centralized corporate recruiting is encouraged with all divisions of an organization recruiting on the same day or within the same week. Every effort should be made by the recruiting organization to avoid changes in interview date(s). However, when changes must be made, the Career Center should be notified well in advance to avoid inconvenience for job candidates and staff.
Refreshments and audio-visual equipment for information meetings are the company's
responsibility. However, we can assist you with local caterer recommendations.
Information regarding job offers and placement of Charleston Southern University students is important data we must collect. When students are hired, it is our expectation that the Career Center will receive this information. Any students meeting with or interviewing with an organization’s representative must be documented and a copy of all information collected must be submitted to the Career Center after the recruiting visit.
To facilitate this relationship, please follow these guidelines:
- If you are a new business partner, create a BucCareer Network account. You will receive future recruiting event invitations.
- Employers must complete the online On-Campus Recruitment Request form through the BucCareer Network.
- A message will be sent from the Career Center confirming your visit.
- Requests to recruit on campus should be received by the Career Center at least five days prior to the recruitment date.
- We recommend allowing three weeks prior notice for the Career Center to adequately
advertise your event to our students and alumni.
- If you must cancel your visit, please call the Career Center at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
For a productive recruiting visit to Charleston Southern University, please note the following:
- Check in with The Career Center upon your arrival.
- We will arrange for a table in a high traffic area. It is the recruiter’s responsibility to supply all displays and materials.
- Promotional materials are to be distributed from the recruiting table only. Do not post on campus walls or classroom areas.