Thank you for your interest in developing your students' job search skills! Our desires are to work with you to best meet the needs of our students with our existing resources described below.
- Service Learning at CSU
- Service Learning Syllabus Samples
- Service Learning Guidebook for CSU Faculty (pdf)
- Tips for Providing a Reference (pdf)
- Let Us Teach Your Class
- Career Expos - Fall and Spring
- Referring Classes or Groups to the Career Center for Assignments
- APPLE Internship Information
Would you like to schedule a class lecture?
We provide a 15-30 minute presentations or full class sessions. Lectures are designed to meet your course objectives; topics may be selected from the list below, or we will customize topics for your specific
Select the blue box below to schedule your class presentation, or contact The Career Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assessment Presentations
- Internship and Applied Learning Experiences
- Business Etiquette
- Creating a Professional Portfolio
- Career Services Overview
- Diversity and Relationships
- Dressing for Success
- Four-Year Roadmap for College Career Planning
- Grad School Preparation
- Interview Skills
- Job Search Techniques
- Marketing Club and Organization Experiences as a CSU Student
- Marketing Performing Arts Experience as a CSU Student
- Marketing Skills as a CSU Athlete
- Navigating Résumé Critiques Online
- Preparing for Career Fair
- Salary Negotiation
- Schedule a Class Tour of the Career Center
- Service Learning and Community Service
- Soft Skills and Transferable Skills
- What Can I Do With My Major?
- Résumé Writing
Fall Career Expo - Bring your class!
Wednesday, October 21, 2015 | 1 - 4 p.m.
Professional dress required - prize drawing for students
Aiken County Schools | Avis Budget Group| Boeing| C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc. | CapinCrouse, LLP | Charleston School of Law | Chick-Fil-A | Charleston Southern University Graduate Programs | Dillard's Stores, Inc. | Early Autism Project |East Cooper Medical Center | Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine | Enterprise | Erskine Theological Seminary |Fastenal | HireQuest | Intercontinental Hotels Group | Jill's House | Kiawah Partners | Levelwing | MassMutual Financial Group | Mississippi College School of Law | Modern Woodmen of America | Neff Rental, LLC | Network of International Schools | North Charleston Police Department | Palm Beach Atlantic University | Reality Church |Red7 Agency | Republic Finance | Santee Cooper| South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole, and Pardon Services | South Carolina Federal Credit Union | Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary | SPAWAR | The Graduate School of the College of Charleston | The Sherwin-Williams Company | The Spinx Company |Trinity Healthcare Staffing | US Army Recruiting | US Army ROTC, Palmetto Battalion | US Marine Corps Officer Programs |US Navy | Verizon |Webster University | Western & Southern Financial Group | Windshield Specialists
Job expos and career fairs can be critical tools for job search success – whether job-seekers use them to get internships or jobs, or whether job-seekers use them as a networking tool for future employment. Our expos are designed to connect CSU students with local and national recruiters from a variety of businesses, organizations and graduate schools to discuss employment and graduate studies.Our research indicates that CSU’s graduates are waiting too late to begin the job search and career development process. In order to close this gap, we would like to extend an invitation for you and your class to attend CSU’s Fall and Spring Career Expos.
To ensure the best opportunity for valuable interaction with recruiters, students should:
- Dress for success - professional attire is mandatory to attend
- Submit a résumé for critique on the BucCareer Network
- Review a list of participating recruiters on the BucCareer Network
- View tips for career fairs and networking with recruiters on the BucCareer Network
THE CAREER CENTER FOR ASSIGNMENTS
If you wish to refer a group of students to Career Services, whether for individual appointments or for walk-in career advising, including résumé critiques, advice on the selection of a major, or tours of resources, please call us first, at least one week in advance, to discuss preparation. Knowing the number of students expected and planning sufficient time for us to see them is important to ensure the best experience.
Thank you for partnering with Student Services!