Room Change Request


After the first two weeks of the fall semester and after preregistration for spring semester, students are given the opportunity to change rooms and/or roommates at a time designated by the residence life office. Students may NOT move into any room other than the one assigned to him/her without approval of the RLC or Director of Residence Life. Violation of this policy could result in a fine and/or immediate withdrawal from campus housing. The University reserves the right to move a student to another room.

Room Change Request

The University reserves the right to change room assignments. Further, if a student wants to change his/her room assignment during the academic year he/she must do it through a written request. Requests must be given to the requestor’s RLC. The RLC and RA will then make a recommendation to the Director of Residence Life. The Director of Residence Life will only entertain the request after peer mediation exercises have been attempted.

The request must include:

1. The reason the student feels a change is needed.

2. A date on which the requestor would like to see the change become effective.

3. If the room change is requested due to roommate conflict, the requesting students shall provide:

· Examples of attempts made to resolve conflicts or issues

· A brief summary of the conclusion of those discussions

Written or verbal requests must be given to the RLC of the requestor. The RLC  will then discuss it with the Director of Residence Life. Room changes will only be considered if space permits.

Room Change Request Form 

Res Life

Residence Life Handbook

If you're a Charleston Southern University student living on campus you need to know the residence life policies and procedures.



Forms and Services

Consortium honors Dr. Julius Mutwol

Consortium honors Dr. Julius Mutwol

University Relations | 01.20.2015 »