Passion Week kicks off Friday
Passion Week kicks off with the Horton School of Music’s presentation of The Passion, featuring Easter Symphony by Holsinger, Friday, April 11 at 7:30 p.m. in the Chapel. The Passion will be performed by the CSU Wind Ensemble and Combined Choirs.
The week before Easter, Campus Ministries is putting on incredible events for the students, faculty and staff.
Betsy Bolick, director of women’s ministries, said, “We are hoping for an incredible week leading up to the celebration of the sacrifice Jesus made for us.” God is expected to move during Passion Week and rekindle the fire and the thankfulness for what He has done for us.
On Monday, April 14, there will be an all-day Prayer Journey in the Gold Room. The sections will cover adoration, confession, resurrection, the center of your heart, CSU, the city of Charleston, the country and the world.
There will also be an alternate Chapel and extra Elevate service. The alternate Chapel will be on Tuesday, April 15, with a message from Dr. Rick Brewer. The extra Elevate service will be Wednesday, April 16, and the Lord’s Supper will be served.
Bolick said, “Are you looking to get involved in Passion Week?"
Here are some ways for students, faculty and staff to be a part of the week:
- Promote the events in your classrooms
- Have one or two faculty/staff members praying specifically for the students coming through the prayer journey in the Gold Room
- Have a faculty/staff member share his/her testimony at a service
- Be a part of the prayer team for those who come forward at services if given an invitation
- Be an usher
- Personally invite and go with others
- Help with setting up
Contact Bolick in the campus ministries office in the Brewer Center, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 863-7192.