Date of Inception: JUNE 19, 1989
POLICY AND REQUIREMENTS
FOR BRIDGE PROGRAM STUDENTS
Students admitted through the Bridge Program may satisfy their Eng 099 and/or Math 099 requirements in the following ways.
1. Pass English 099 and/or Math 099 with a ‘C’ or better during the Fall or Spring semesters (or during the Summer Bridge Opportunity Program, by invitation only.)
2. Obtain a sufficient score on the Compass Placement Exam in English and/or Mathematics to be “placed” into English 111 or Math 111.
Students may take English 099 and/or Math 099 at CSU during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters under the following guidelines:
1. Students admitted to CSU through the Bridge Program will be invited to be part of our Bridge Summer Opportunity Program. If the student elects to participate, but is unsuccessful in the appropriate 099 course, the student will still have the next two major semesters (Fall and Spring) to attempt to successfully complete the Bridge Program requirements.
2. Students who are not eligible for or elect not to participate in the Summer Bridge Opportunity Program will be allotted two attempts (Fall and Spring semesters) to successfully complete the Bridge Program requirements. Students who are unsuccessful in at most one of their 099 required courses AND have the equivalent of a 1.4 GPA or better over the course of their Fall and Spring semesters (099 courses included) at CSU will have the option of taking the 099 course for a third time during the summer at CSU before being Bridge suspended from the university.
3. Students who are not eligible for or elect not to participate in the Summer Bridge Opportunity Program, who are unsuccessful in at most one of their 099 required courses AND have the equivalent of a 1.4 GPA or better over the course of their Fall and Spring semesters (099 courses included) at CSU, but do not or cannot take the 099 course for a third time during the summer at CSU will be placed on Bridge Program suspension. However, these students may gain readmission to CSU by simply completing a course deemed equivalent to the appropriate 099 course with a grade of ‘C’ or better. The equivalent course must be preapproved by the Director of the Bridge Program with assistance from the appropriate (English or Math) coordinator.
4. Students who are unsuccessful in both their Fall and Spring attempts in an 099 course and do not meet the requirements listed in guidelines 1 through 3 will not be eligible to return to CSU as above. These students may reapply for admission to the university once they have met the requirements for transfer student admission as listed in the CSU Undergraduate Catalog.
Bridge students may take the Eng 099 and/or Math 099 course no more than three times, and these three attempts must all occur within one calendar year.
Revised by action of the Admissions Committee on April 26, 1999, and updated on September 15th, 2011.