Campus Parking Information
Who needs to register their vehicle?
- All students, Resident and Commuter- within 24 hours of bringing it on campus.
How do I register my vehicle?
- Campus Security Office
- Decal cost $10 -Pay online. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt. You can also pay cash at the cashier in the Hunter Center
- With your receipt, student ID, and state vehicle registration, go to the Campus Security Office, located on the 1st floor of Russell West, there you’ll fill out your vehicle registration form and be issued your decal. The decal goes on the inside of your windshield, driver side, bottom.
Where do I park?
- In clearly designated legal parking spaces. Areas which have posted signs or have pavement painting indicating designated parking
must be observed and complied with. Resident students may not drive to class.
Types of parking decals:
CS: Commuter Students
MR: Male Resident Student
WR: Women Resident Student
UW: Upper Class Women Resident Students
FS: Faculty / Staff
What if I get a ticket?
If you receive a ticket you have 2 options:
- Option 1- within 15 days pay the ticket. Pay online. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt. You can also pay cash at the cashier in the Hunter Center and obtain a receipt. With your receipt and ticket go to the Campus Security office located on the 1st floor of Russell West.
- Option 2- To appeal the ticket take it to the Resident Life Office located on the 1st floor of Russell West. They will set up a time and date for the House Council to hear your appeal.
What if I get a ticket and don't pay it or appeal it?
- Beginning Fall Semester 2014, any unpaid campus parking tickets will result in a security hold being placed on your student account. This hold will prevent you from viewing your grades, viewing your transcript, registering for Spring semester classes, obtaining a copy of your official transcript, and graduating. Students are encouraged to check their MyCSU account for updated information regarding past due campus parking fines.
How do I remove a security hold from my student account?
- Call the Campus Security Department at 553-5896
- Request the amount of your hold.
- Pay the hold - Pay online. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt. You can pay cash at the cashier in the Hunter Center and obtain a receipt. With your receipt go to the Campus Security Department located on the 1st floor of Russell West, produce the receipt and the hold will be removed.
Temporary Parking Information
- A Temporary Parking Permit can be issued by the Campus Security Department for vehicles that will be on campus for a short period of time. An example would be that your primary vehicle is in the shop for repairs and you are driving a loaner for a week. You would be required to obtain a Temporary Parking Permit.
Temporary Handicap Parking Information
- If a student suffers an injury which temporarily makes it difficult to walk from their designated parking area to class a Temporary Handicap Parking permit can be issued by the Campus Security Department. A doctor’s note may be required.
Vistor/ Guest Parking Information
- Visitors and guests are required to park in marked visitor parking spots unless a designated area has been establish for an event they are attending.
Vehicle Immobilization Policy
- Charleston Southern University has a vehicle parking and registration policy in effect which requires students, faculty, and staff to register and obtain a parking decal for their vehicle within 24 hours of bringing it on campus. From time to time it is necessary to utilize a wheel immobilizer to “boot” vehicles on campus to ensure compliance with the universities registration and parking policy. The purpose of immobilizing the vehicle is to identify the driver and insure that if the driver is a current student a vehicle registration and decal is obtained.
Faculty, Staff Parking Decal Information
- All faculty and staff members must register their vehicles with the Campus Security Department upon employment. There is no charge for the registration and decal. Faculty and staff members are required to follow the campus parking policy.